Media Coverage: Tobacco Surcharge Ruling in Casino Litigation Against Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Stueve Siegel Hanson recently secured a first of its kind ruling granting class certification for casino workers in Missouri and Kansas in a lawsuit against Penn National Gaming Inc.
The lawsuit stems from a tobacco surcharge included in the casinos' health plan that allegedly violates ERISA. The ruling has been reported on by publications including:
- Law360, “ERISA class certified in casino tobacco surcharge fight”
- Bloomberg Law, “Casino workers suing Penn National for tobacco penalty get class”
- Casino.org, “Penn National casino workers who smoke file class action lawsuit against company”
- Gambling News, “Casino workers take Penn National to court over cigarettes”
- 6Park News, “Casino workers suing Penn National over tobacco fine get class”