Bria Davis focuses her practice on business contingency litigation, mass torts, class actions, data privacy, international dispute resolution and intellectual property matters.
Clients benefit from Bria’s experience before joining Stueve Siegel Hanson LLP: Because she worked for both defense firms and in-house corporate legal departments, she has practical experience analyzing litigation from multiple perspectives. Because she worked as a journalist, she excels at writing, research and conveying complex ideas in a straightforward and compelling manner.
Defense Experience. Bria served as an associate at Shook, Hardy & Bacon LLP, where she was the attorney of record for more than 20 active tort defense matters. She collaborated with trial teams to draft discovery, pre-trial motions and evidentiary motions. She also deposed plaintiffs and key trial witnesses.
Bria also completed a summer clerkship with Barnes & Thornburg, where her projects included evidentiary review and exhibit preparation for a Fortune 500 corporate client.
Corporate Know-How. Bria served as a legal intern for the Minnesota Vikings, where she worked with the Vice President of Legal to manage the organization’s litigation docket and strategy. She drafted and negotiated corporate sponsorship agreements and helped review player contracts.
Bria also completed a summer associate program with The 3M Company, where she conducted an internal Fair Labor Standards Act internal audit and collaborated with the Government & Regulatory Compliance team to review internal procedures.
Journalist and Storyteller. Bria is a former sports journalist whose sports writing and commentary focused on issues of race and gender in sport. In one of the top corporate law journals in the country, she published a note, Put Me In Coach! Recognizing NBA Players’ Need for Legal Protection as Stakeholders in the League and Increased Participation in Corporate Governance.
- Missouri Bar Leadership Academy, 2021-2022
- Commission on Civil Justice Reform, Circuit Court Subcommittee Clerk
- KC Sports Commission, Member
- Women Leaders in College Sports (KCMO), Member
- College Athlete Advocacy Initiative, Director
- Jackson County Bar Association, Member
- Sports Lawyers Association, Member
The University of Iowa College of Law
- Black Law Students Association
- Iowa Student Bar Association
- Iowa Journal of Corporate Law
- Tulane International Baseball Arbitration Competition
The University of Iowa
- Dean's List and Departmental Honors
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri