Employment/Wage & Hour
Handling Unpaid Wages and "Off-the-Clock" Actions
When employees work hard, they deserve the compensation they have earned — compensation to support their lives and their families. The national unpaid overtime FLSA claim attorneys at the Kansas City law offices of Stueve Siegel Hanson are committed to protecting employees' right to fair pay for fair work.
We represent employees in all types of wage and hour disputes, including those involving:
- Misclassification of employees (exempt, non-exempt, independent contractors)
- Overtime disputes
- Employees not being paid for pre-and post-shift work
- Minimum wage violations
- Unpaid wages
One of the leading law firms in this area, we have represented thousands of employees and independent contractors owed unpaid wages and overtime from their employers. We have settled several nationwide wage and hour class and collective actions, providing our clients with nearly $50 million in compensation for unpaid overtime.
At Stueve Siegel Hanson, our experienced attorneys use knowledge gained at top schools, federal clerkships and national law firms to give our clients an advantage in court. We are a high-energy law firm with the resources to explore every factual and legal aspect of your case.
About the FLSA
Federal law protects employees' rights. Passed in 1938, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) was landmark legislation passed to protect one of this nation’s most cherished principles: fair pay for honest work. Today, the rights of workers are under unprecedented assault by predatory employers. The violations are endless:
- Rank and file employees are commonly and wrongly classified as “white collar” and therefore exempt from the FLSA.
- The requirement of paying overtime at a 150 percent premium is routinely ignored.
- An astonishing number of companies are intent on working employees “off the clock” to cut costs.
- Misclassifying an employee as an Independent Contractor or Volunteer.
Most lawyers and law firms are daunted by the complexity of the FLSA and by the challenges of representing a class of employees against a huge corporation. Not us. We have successfully represented employees in wage and hour disputes against many Fortune 500 companies.
Our pick for bet-the-company litigation
Stueve Siegel Hanson 'beats the big guys in court'
Big firm lawyers, small firm service.
Best of the Bar
One of the best plaintiff’s lawyers in the country.