Norm Siegel Elected as Chair of Health Care Foundation Board of Directors
HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION OF GREATER KANSAS CITY ELECTS NEW BOARD OFFICERS AND MEMBERS TO ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
KANSAS CITY, MO (January 26, 2010) - The Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas has elected its 2010 Board officers and elected seven new members to its Board of Directors. Norman Siegel, an attorney at Stueve Siegel Hanson, was elected to replace Larry Blankinship as the Chair of the HCF Board of Directors. Blankinship served a one-year term as Chair. His term on the board ended in January. Other newly elected officers include:
- Sylvia Robinson, Vice-Chair
- Bishop Steve Jones, Secretary
- Sheilahn Davis-Wyatt, Treasurer
"Since its inception over six years ago, the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City has been graced by wonderful leadership. The individuals that have preceded me as Chair of the HCF Board of Directors have dedicated countless hours in helping to establish a strong framework for this young Foundation," said Siegel. "With six of our inaugural board members leaving the board this year, today marks a time of transition for the Foundation. I'm honored to be elected to continue in their tradition and look forward to working with the HCF board, Community Advisory Committee and HCF associates in advancing the work initiated by our founders."
At today's meeting, HCF also welcomed seven new members to the board. The following individuals were selected to serve a three-year term:
- Albert P. Mauro, former President of Kansas City, Missouri School Board and former Vice President and Secretary of Kansas City Southern Industries
- Shirley Marie MCarther, Ed.D, Assistant Professor, Urban Leadership and Policy Studies in Education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Education
- Marcia Nielsen, PhD, MPH, Vice Chancellor for Public Policy and Planning, University of Kansas Medical Center
- Daniel T. Purdom, M.D., Medical Director, Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center
- Kenneth P. Stremming, Retired, Pharmaceutical Industry
- Susan Wilson, Associate Dean, Cultural Enhancement and Diversity, University of Missouri-Kansas City
"All of the individuals elected to represent HCF on its Board of Directors bring with them a wealth of knowledge, expertise and a great passion to help eliminate barriers to quality health for the uninsured and underserved," said Steve Roling, President/CEO. "We look forward to their guidance and leadership as we work toward our vision of healthy people in healthy communities."
Our pick for bet-the-company litigation
Stueve Siegel Hanson 'beats the big guys in court'
Big firm lawyers, small firm service.
Best of the Bar
One of the best plaintiff’s lawyers in the country.